Saturday, February 05, 2005

About Reading this Blog

I was informed of how quickly this got round amongst my friends, so I think I need to clarify some of what is said here in that light. First, I am very surprised at the speed with which this rant found its way into my circle of compatriots! It hasn't even been a week since I started it! But that aside, I will start with the purpose of this blog. It is meant to be like therapy for me, to have a place where I can be brutally honest with myself so that I can decide what is wrong and how to change it. Since I am also struggling to work out many relational issues, it was never really intended to be enjoyable reading for the people with whom I relate everyday. That was why I picked an obscure name and only gave the address to a few of my therapists and not to everyone I know. I think the obvious question now, is, why post these writings in a public forum where the wrong people might read and misconstrue their meanings? The answer: because I was kind of putting a fleece out by doing so, a wager that just maybe someone totally unrelated to me and competely outside my circumstance would stumble across it and have some advice or in some way be affected by what I am going through. In short, because there is the possibility that my turmoil might make a difference in the world outside my brain. Anyway, apologies to those of my friends who have gone out of their way to find this addess and are probably sorry that they did. The disclaimer: this site is all about honesty with myself and so it should not be taken as offensive by someone else's self. That's really all there is to say, so with that in mind, keep reading.

Of course, if you are a stranger to me, very little of this applies or will make sense, so you might move on to a different post or visit a different blog if I am too depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home