Thursday, December 15, 2005

Siblings & the Mystery of the Improbability Drive

Today was a very busy day at work... didn't even stop for lunch. Ironically, I did almost nothing. My day consisted of watching Jeremy work and trying to figure out what the heck he was doing. I wish I felt like I had learned something... but oh well, that is what the rest of my life is for. "If we stop learning we die." - Important Person
Thankfully work is all a thing of the past right now (until tomorrow). I have actually been thinking about siblings today. I have four and have the wonderful ability to move from loving them deeply one moment to wanting to kill them the next. The weird thing is that recently I have just been totally bewildered by them (or is it me?). I mean, I'm the oldest and was the first to move out of the house (it has been almost 3 years since I did) and they all are totally ecstatic to see me every time they do. It's weird because I can't say I feel the same way. I don't hate them or dislike them or anything dreadful like that... they just don't really figure that largely into my current life since they are all in school and I am not. Anyway, I kind of regret not being more attached to them, but don't know what is even missing exactly so I can't work on it. Maybe everything is fine. I do feel like I am able to be kind and even have fun with them when we are together... I just lack what they all seem to have: a burning desire to be together more often. I guess I am just satisfied with my space currently. (Abby, Rachel, Esther and/or Joel, if you are reading this... don't worry, I do so love you and am flattered at the amount which you all seem to love me, if there is a problem it is probably all mine. I'm just writing my thoughts in my diary here.)


My siblings: Abigail, Rachel, Esther and Joel (oldest to youngest)


Speaking of space, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy really is pretty funny. I have seen it twice now and I think I am most fond of the whale that is created by the infinite improbability drive out the thermonuclear warhead. Something about that whole concept and the way it was filmed is funny in the extreme. Although it is quite foolish (just as the book of the same title) I found it entertaining and funny. Certainly nothing to complain about, but I doubt I'd watch it again.
Well, I have one bid on the suit I have on eBay and am hoping for many more in the next five days. Which reminds me, I was supposed to list some more things tonight... guess that will have to wait. It is late so I am going to bed... goodnight all (any who might read this at an appropriate time of day for that phrase) to the rest of you: till next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home