Saturday, December 17, 2005

And so it goes (to SM this week)

Well, I am off to ServiceMaster for the week again. I don't really have any plans this week so hopefully it will be quite and restful. We shall see.
Had a good talk with David yesterday about all the work I have and many other things too. The upshot is that we need to have a board meeting with all the members of WCA's board and decide what projects are priority and how much time to devote to them. Otherwise it will continue to eat up me whole life! Blimee!
Service this morning was about being refined in the fire and coming out as gold. It was a good topic and Verna caught my attention with her confirmation about the three Hebrew boys in the book of Daniel. She was saying how we usually can handle going into the big fires or tests but the everyday life ones we often avoid. She mentioned how the guards were killed by the fire in the ancient story, but the three who were thrown into it came out without even the scent of smoke on them because they were confident, not of God's being able to deliver them from the fire, but His being able to deliver them from the wicked king. Since they were able to give up their natural self preservation tendencies and place their faith in God, they were met by the fourth man in the fire and He caused them to walk through it unscathed. Anyway, I thought it was really true that when we choose to just skirt the fire, we are burned and maybe even die in that place. But when we embrace the test and walk right into the fire with our trust in God, the fourth man appears and we are saved even from the stench of it.
Whitestone is abuzz right now about a Yahoo! group called "Sam Fife" or something like that. It is apparently hosted and frequented by many "victims" of community. I have not joined because the shear volume of emails requires more time than I have and the demons running these people will never be convinced by me anyway so it is hopeless. But, I have heard much about the things that are being spoken of and it is quite funny and laughable. I guess my question for these sorts is: Why did you ever join communities in the first place if you have such vitriolic responses about them? And the other question is: Don't you have anything better to do with your lives? I mean seriously, let's face it, if there really is such a thing as a victim of community, it is people who have decided to leave it behind but can never move on. Sadly, these are really just victims of their own stupidity (not community) because their issues all reside in the fact that they are apparently not bright enough to learn how to put something in the past and go on with their lives. It is a very immature response that really is a little sad. I think if these people could just get a job and a couple of hobbies they might be able to forget all their pent up spite and hatred. But I guess they aren't smart enough to know how to have fun and can only live in what they themselves recognize as a mire. Anyway, whatever!
My work (research) for www.rikas.com and www.whitestonefurs.com is fast proving to be a waste of time. SAD! I would dearly love to see an improvement here and have them be integrated with our POS and inventory tracking software, but the costs of moving forward are sky-rocketing and the likelihood is plummeting in their wake. I don't know what will happen next, but I am already annoyed at the lack of time/support to make them a viable extension of the business.
News Flash: According to the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, there has been a rash of mailbox thefts. It is not the boxes in danger, but their contents. Of course, this is a federal offence, but someone is out there even as I write stealing people's mail! TRAGIC! Some tips to prevent this: Know when your mail arrives and get it immediately. (If you see me dashing out of the house at a mail man, I am not attacking him, just trying to save my mail.) Organize a locked, central delivery location in your neighborhood. (I have already tried to call a neighborhood meeting for this purpose but there has been little support... I just don't think people are aware the graveness of this threat. Or maybe it is one of the neighbors who is the horrid culprit!) Buy a mailbox with a lock. (I did this immediately... it is a great feature! The other day... before the postman had a key, he was there in the cold for hours trying to get my mail in and out of my box... he finally left it on the ground. Sadly, it was stolen from there. But at least the mailbox was safe! Thank heavens! And now I have the only key so the mailman just has to come find me and deliver my mail in person. I am safe, my mail is safe, and my mailbox has been untouched for weeks! I suggest this solution!)

Okay, enough foolishness. I just can't believe the stupidity around me, but here I go showing my own idiocy in not having anything better to do than rant on this blog. Sorry this post is so long... it is entertaining me while my comforter dries. As soon as it is out of the dryer I can go take a nap. I hope it dries soon. Well... till next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home