Sunday, December 18, 2005

A hairdryer in a car crash

Hello blog! I did not really mean to make this a movie review, but I just watched King Kong and I have to say that Peter Jackson is probably the most amazing man in moving pictures (ever). Okay, well I don't really know that, but this moving picture was incredible! An absolute smash hit. I will say no more about it in order to encourage you to watch it for yourself. A+
Went out for coffee today and (totally uncharacteristic for me) ordered an Americano. I surprised myself by actually enjoying it immensely. I started drinking coffee black about a month ago in order to cut the fat calories from cream and the horrid toxins in cream substitutes, but this was a landmark because I actually drank a latte without the milk! Well, I'm still in shock about this so I have little else to say about it for now. I might keep you posted on my coffee habits from time to time (is that a threat?).... Hmm.
Work was droll last night. I was kinda dragging and tired, but it didn't matter because there was little to do and so we still got done at a decent hour. And I got to work with Emerson W. E. and we had fabulously funny time. On the way home we were stuck at the intermineable light on the Mitchell and decided to get out and dance in the headlights. We laughed so hard I hurt my stomach and we had a blast watching the faces of the bewildered passersby. It was such a laugh that I might do that again sometime. Anyway, the night passed away quickly and no one seemed to miss it in its absence. Will have to wait to see what the rest of this week will hold in that regard, but I am sad to see Willy leaving.
Feel a little bad because I had to cancel my plans with Angela (and Micaela, Esther & Amy). But they were going to go to the theatre at 3:45 and I have dinner at 4:30 and work at 6. Then we were going to just go to lunch before I had to split with them. But I got too excited about theatre-going and went there instead of going to lunch. I kinda wish I had waited for another day to go to the theatre and spent some time with them. Too bad, guess that opportunity is gone for good now. Anyway, hope they had a good day. And I don't feel too bad because I really had a nice time and truly enjoyed the show.
John and Seth returned from their class in California today. They had quite a time getting home too. At least they arrived safely. Their plane's engine fell off on the run way (hence the title of this post) but after 4 hours of mechanics and switching planes and queing etcetera, they made it safely into the air and back down again in Fairbanks. What a harrowing experience! Glad to have them back.
There is a major cover up going on right now locally. There was a major accident with an oil tanker and a pickup on the hill that descends to the bridge over the Tanana. The tanker sprung a leak and gallons of fuel spilled all over the local ecosystems (some even escaping into the river). Cleanup happened immediately and fairly quickly but the newspapers have yet to report about this. This all happened on Friday afternoon. It is now Sunday and still no word from the foolish local press. Anyway, you heard it hear first (if you were listening) SO THERE! I have exposed the seedy underbelly of a massive coverup op... but who cares or will notice. Whatever. It was a jolly good emergency as far as they go.
Well, I really have little else to say and should be helping with dinner (and eating it) so I must go. Sorry no pictures in this post... I can't think of what would be appropriate and I don't have the time to find it anyway. Guess that is about it for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger J. H. Austin said...

I was unconvinced that it was a coverup, but was a bit skeptical about its non-appearance. It was a much bigger story than most of the rest of the police blotter items for the weekend.

http://www.news-miner.com/Stories/0,1413,113~7244~3172734,00.html

Monday morning found it in the News-Miner.

Nobody was killed, according to the paper. 3000 gallons, though, is a good bit of fuel.

6:17 AM  
Blogger J. H. Austin said...

Followup: KTVA says it didn't reach the river.

Link

8:29 PM  
Blogger The Diggerz said...

OMG Josiah...you are too much...dancing in front of your vehicle...sounds like something I would do. The best part is the weirded-out people passing by.....A++ for weirdness.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home