Monday, December 26, 2005

Seeing Green

I had quite a day today! I have not ever dealt with that much cash! (Of course, it wasn't really that much... but oh, well.) Had to deal with the cashouts for the last 11 days of fur sales at the Shoppers Forum Mall. It went fairly smoothly but it took all day! I had to start with tech stuff... setting up another computer ended up involving finding a KVM switch and a network router and all the cables etc. By the time I had both machines up and running, it was 10:30 am! Everything really went fairly well and it was fun to count that much cash and prepare a sizeable deposit.
Am I a metrosexual or an ubersexual? That is the question of the evening. Had a big house talk tonight about sexuality and our own orientations. It ended in a quick internet search because apparently none of us knew the true definitions or all the possibilities for classifying one another. Metrosexuals (like David Beckham, for instance) are men who are flamboyant, style conscious, effeminent and trendy to the point of appearing to be gay but do not actually have homo preferences. I thought initially that I pretty well fit into this category until I read more. As it turns out, metros are pretty much only interested in themselves and although they don't have a secure ID, they crave attention and dedicate their lives to their own image. I don't really prioritize my image enough to fit into this class of males. Learned tonight of a new brand of masculinity: ubersexuality. The uber is traditionally interested in his appearance and passes himself off to be soft and tender but is still quite masculine and is not totally focused on his own image. He is a gentleman (hmm) and finds others interesting too. I have to say, after fully exploring the possibilities, I don't really think I fit any one category, but I'd like to think that I am more of an uber than a metro. (One plus for my theory... I live far from any metro areas and so many of the activities of the metro are simply not available to me like: avid shopping, mani/pedi's, hair salons, day spas etc.) Cast your vote about what you think I might be (if you know me) by leaving a comment expressing your opinion.
My eBay auctions are off to a good start: five and a half days to go and two of the three have bids! Cheers.
Anthony, Hannah, Nathan, Jinni & Steven returned today... YEAH! I sat with J & S at dinner and we had a pleasant time. Lewis has supposedly also returned today although I have not seen him yet. Guess the big H is over. HOORAY!
Pete & Abby have been working on this big puzzle for almost a week and we all worked on it last night. Jessica and I worked quite late trying to finish the waterfall that runs down the middle of it. We finally had a continuous strip of waterfall and were gonna stop when I went and dumped the whole thing on the floor. This might not have happened if it hadn't been on such a flimsy board that had to be precariously carried down to the basement to be stored out of the reach of the little childrens' hands. During this fateful trip a treacherous part of the wall bumped into the board and the whole thing tipped. It fell all to pieces almost totally... completely obliterating all our hard work! It was such a calamitous blow and I was so tired that I laughed for like 15 minutes while picking up all the pieces. So, now that we have wasted a week's time, we will embark on the very same project again! How exciting can that be?
Guess that is all. WMFYL

2 Comments:

Blogger God said...

Yeah this is Lewey and he didnt make it home on the 26th cuz his plane got all screwey. Its good to see that you finally got ur sexuality all figured out-that tends to make life easier and all...

12:33 PM  
Blogger Janelle WInston said...

My dear josiah, I am also put at ease knowing you have found yourself. Hmm. I don't think that i really wanted to say that, but that's fine. I would rather say. Hi, and I hope you are well and I enjoyed reading your rantings, and I am often amazed that a single piece of paper can represent 700,000. and a wadd of cash is only 2000. Hmmm. Something seems a little bit off with that.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home