Thursday, January 05, 2006

Me in 2006

Well, things have really speeded up this week. My life is once again as crazy and rapid as a twister. I hope I am not destroying too many things :). Let's see, since I posted last, a lot has happened. I won't be able to recount them all, but here goes. First, I tried to post early on New Year's (like at 2 a.m.) but my senile computer lost my whole post for me twice and then it was 3 so I gave up and went to sleep.
So, I spent a great deal of New Year's asleep. I woke at 11 a.m. and had a latte. That is how every year should begin! I then had a nice low-key day and prepared for an early dinner party at the Tabernacle. Diane and Nannette organized a New Year's bash with quite a few married couples and some single people. I got invited and had a total blast! It was kinda a like a pot luck... everyone made something. Evan G and I made egg nog. The food was soooo good and there was sooo much of it. Then we had a chinese auction which was really fun.
But, alas, I have gone out of order. We had a nice dinner at our house the night before. It was the first Saturday night service in a long time which was sad enough as it was because we had a bunch of people coming to dinner after it. But to make it worse, we professied for the seventh graders and it took 4 hours to prophesy to the six of them. So, we got home at 10:30 to start cooking dinner. We were gonna have steak, but the grill wouldn't work, and so we had 14 steaks to cook on the stove top as fast as possible. The two that were supposed to be well done cooked the whole time and they managed to still be fairly rare. Otherwise the meal was a success, even if it was rushed, and was very good. It was very Spanish to eat so late, but fitting since we would have stayed up for the new year anyway. 2006 came around while we did dishes... which is kinda depressing, really - to frame the new year with a cleanup saga. But then we had a lovely time just hanging out until like 2 a.m. Then the guests went home.
Let's see, Monday, I was on compost and bookkeeping. We had an eight o'clock breakfast, which was nice, but set the whole day back. By the time I finished compost and the accompanying errands you get just for having a truck and some muscles (some people do think I have those), it was eleven. So I really got fairly little done Monday. Then, Tuesday I was on Delta Trip and books. I was training Anthony on Delta Trip, which was a laugh because the trip was tiny and we were like tripping over each other at the Post Office (the only place we went for any length of time). We were done by 12:30 so we went to Rika's and did a little work for me. Then we went back to the farm and I employed Ant the rest of the afternoon on inventory stuff for Rika's (which is a total mess and my next big project).
Hmmm... Wednesday, we had a great service. Bro. David talked about having a lively hope and what that means. It was encouraging. He read something in the beginning of Romans 8 and I saw verse 24 which talks about how hope is only for things that are not seen. Stating that if you can see it there is no longer any need to hope for it. I totally agree with this, and it got me thinking about what I do when something I have hoped for is suddenly realized. It can be so easy to loose your sense of purpose when your hopes come to pass. I began thinking about what it means to be a prisoner of hope (another topic from the service). If you are a prisoner to something you are constantly subject to it. I was thinking that when something you hoped for comes to pass it can leave you empty. Like the stories of prisoners whose only hope is to get out, and when they actually succeed, they have nothing else to live for and their life looses its meaning. This is frightening because it would be a sad legacy to hold on to a living hope that God will move in your life and then when He does loose your sense of purpose and your reason for living. Sorry... guess that is a little rough still... it is still going over in my mind and I haven't worked out all the implications. It is something I am studying still. Whatever.
Well, let's see, work has been quite challenging of late but some of the year end projects are wrapping up... there are still many more to tackle (UGH!) but at least some progress has been made.
My aunt Andrea is having a stress test in Anchorage tomorrow because she has been having some chest pains and there is a history of heart disease in our family. So, while she and Richard are gone, I am staying with Garrett. I am staying in their room at the shop. Tonight is the first of several and so far it has been a pile of fun. I hung out with Garrett for the early part of the night and then read to him for a while before he went to sleep. Then I hung out with Matt, Yvonne, Audge and Natalie for a while with intermittent visits from David. We had a great time! Watched some of an Evanescence concert and Natalie showed us some dancing. Tonight was definitely fun.
It is now late again, so I am off to bed. Till next time, goodbye.

1 Comments:

Blogger God said...

yikes a mighty epic and worthy of much comment, But i will suffice it to say that he who has only one chopstick does not go hungry, but eats with his hands.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home