Sunday, January 29, 2006

Poop Corn

Wow... I finally took the SAT today. I can't wait to see how I scored! I was surprised that the only three questions I didn't have time to answer were in the math sections. I guess that only figures since I have been out of practicing math for at least four and half years. I did major cram-studying on grammar which I hope paid off, but at least I felt more confident with it. I really have little else to say about it except that I am lucky I didn't freeze to death because it was -40* today and I wasn't allowed to leave the test building to start the car until after the test was over. That meant that the car was off for almost five hours! I am lucky it started at all! And it is no wonder that it was a very chilly ride home!
Thursday, I was home for lunch, as I was working at Rika's and had no food, and witnessed the funniest exchange between Jessica and Meghan. Jessie went to the bathroom and after a while invited Megs to come "see her poop". This was funny enough but when Meghan went and looked, she came squeeling from the bathroom laughing in a hilarious high-pitched giggle and exclaming that their was corn in Jessie's poop. Later she invented the term "poop corn" and it has stuck as the primary name for such a thing. This gave rise to a dissertation on how what we eat comes out the other end and why some things were more recognizeable than others. Oh, the conversations we have with 2 and 4 year olds!
During convention, our chest freezer began to smell. We discovered that it had stopped working some time earlier and that most of the food had rotted. SAD! We could do nothing about it then so it sat until this last Thursday night. We then taped it shut and hauled the thing outside (it was -50*F), emptied the now putrid contents into trash bags, and rinsed it out with hot bleach water. On the whole, the situation was a very sad because we lost soooo much food and are now down a freezer too!
Guess that is it for news and comment from my life right now. I'll try to keep you posted about my scores and college plans. As a parting word of wisdom, DON'T watch the movie Sideways, it is very boring and long and at times naughty. Okay that is it. Goodnight and goodbye for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger J. H. Austin said...

Your analysis of Sideways was spot on. Great acting (by Giamatti at least), borrring. Wine was fine; stupid actor humping on the bed was not.

"But it's the great pageant of human drama!" you may say. Fine. I'll stay at home and experience it myself just fine, thank you.

4:34 PM  
Blogger God said...

hmm I take it you aren't much into blogging anymore??

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home