Saturday, November 25, 2006

Like the good old days

Well, the Baileys came over for dinner tonight and we had turkey, ham, corn pudding, bean casserole, ciabatta, salad, gravy and apple, raspberry and macadamia tart. It was very good. But I was in the kitchen all afternoon. It was very reminiscent of the last two years of my life. Very unsuspected, and a month early, the Baileys handed out gifts to everyone tonight. Like a goodbye present. I thought that it was very sweet and kinda felt badly that something of that nature had never crossed my mind. I wish that I was a bit less self-centered!
Anyway, wow, it is late and I really don't have much to write because my brain has gone blank. I did have a nice evening, however, and I thought I should write that while it was on my mind.
Oh, yeah, also reminiscent of yesteryear, Jessica and Hannah are at the table doing homework very loudly and obnoxiously. They both have headphones on, listening to different music (very loudly) and shouting to hear each other. It is really special! Oh, how I miss those louder days! :)
This is turning out to be a random post - how fun!
Oh, yeah, Bill told me at breakfast that he wanted to talk with Joy and I after church. Thankfully he forgot. I don't know what he wanted to say, but let me just say that he hasn't had much pleasant to say to either of us recently, so I wasn't sad to miss that meeting.
Courtney and her boyfriend, Andrew, were here this week (they just left today). It was great to see them and nice to meet Andrew finally. He's great and they seem really happy. I'm happy for them. I secretly (oops, not a secret anymore) wish they would come up here. But, oh well.
You know, I've had three days off now and I haven't done any school work yet and its not looking good for tomorrow either. Too bad. the next couple weeks are gonna be major! But then I get a real break between semesters, so I'm happy. Bring it on!
Well, nothing terribly interesting tonight, but it is a good random news bit. Must go to bed, so goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home